Thorne Cal Mag Citrate + Vitamin C
Magnesium and calcium work synergistically in the body’s muscle cells – magnesium causes muscle fibers to relax, while calcium causes them to contract – helping to prevent muscle cramping and supporting healthy heart rate and rhythm (the heart is a muscle too!)*. Also includes Vitamin C that’s buffered, so it’s easier on the stomach.
Effervescent Powder An easy-to-consume and tissue-ready combination of calcium and magnesium, plus vitamin C
Magnesium and calcium work synergistically in the body’s muscle cells – magnesium causes muscle fibers to relax, while calcium causes them to contract – helping to prevent muscle cramping and supporting healthy heart rate and rhythm (the heart is a muscle too!).*
The ratio of calcium-to-magnesium in Cal-Mag Citrate is ideal for individuals who want a higher amount of calcium but, due to magnesium's potential laxative effect, can’t tolerate an equal amount of magnesium.* Because of the highly absorbable forms of these two minerals, you get higher amounts of essential minerals and minimize capsule fatigue.
Why is calcium important?
- Studies on calcium and bone mass show that daily supplementation of a well-absorbed form of calcium promotes bone mass in adolescents, young adults, older men, and postmenopausal women.*
Why is magnesium important?
- Magnesium is crucial for the body to function properly because magnesium is involved in more than 600 of the body's enzymatic reactions.
- Magnesium is essential for the health of the heart and blood vessels, brain, bones, muscles, and lungs. It also supports healthy blood sugar levels.*
- It enhances the relaxation of smooth and skeletal muscles.*
- Magnesium is a cofactor, along with multiple enzymes, in cellular energy production.*
Why add vitamin C?
- Vitamin C promotes optimal immune function.*
- Vitamin C supports healthy collagen formation, which benefits wound healing and injury repair.*
Mix 1 scoop with at least 8 ounces of water daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
Servings Per Container: 40
One Scoop (5.35 g) Contains:
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 500 mg.
Calcium (as Citrate/Ascorbate reacted from Calcium Carbonate and Citric/Ascorbic Acids) 500 mg.
Magnesium (as Citrate/Ascorbate reacted from Magnesium Oxide and Citric/Ascorbic Acids) 200 mg.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
There are no known adverse interactions or contraindications at publication date.
Gas, bloating, or diarrhea may occur in some individuals taking magnesium supplements. This can occur at varying amounts depending on the individual and resolves when the amount is reduced.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.