Please note: Thorne charges a flat $5 fulfillment fee on ALL Thorne orders, despite the size of your order.
Berberine is a well-researched botanical with a long history of use in traditional Ayurvedic and Chinese herbal practices. Thorne’s high-quality berberine products contain the most researched form – berberine HCl – alongside the highly absorbable berberine phytosome, thus offering a wide range of health and wellness benefits.*
Who can benefit from Berberine?
- Individuals seeking support for metabolic, cardiovascular, and GI health*
- Anyone wanting to maintain normal blood sugar levels*
- Individuals who want to support healthy cholesterol levels*
- Women seeking nutritional support for PCOS-related symptoms*
- A person seeking nutritional support for metabolic syndrome*
- Individuals who want additional support for maintaining a healthy gut microbiome*
Benefits of Berberine:
Support for metabolic health*:
- Supports healthy metabolism in several ways*
- Promotes healthy blood sugar metabolism and insulin sensitivity*
- Maintains healthy cholesterol and triglyceride levels*
Support for weight management*:
- Studies have shown that Berberine can be effective in helping maintain a healthy body weight*
- Helps decrease abdominal fat and waist:hip ratio*
- Supports metabolism of fat in the liver*
- Benefits body composition*
Support for GI health*:
- Supports beneficial bacterial balance in the gut*
- Helps to maintain a healthy microbiome*
- Benefits diversity of intestinal flora*
Nutritional support for women with PCOS*:
- Supports healthy metabolism of fats and carbs*
- Promotes hormone balance, like insulin and testosterone, that often doesn’t occur optimally in women with PCOS*
- Promotes healthy skin*
Key Features of Thorne’s Berberine:
- Contains berberine phytosome for enhanced absorption
- Contains the well-studied berberine HCl
- Sourced from non-endangered species
- Grape seed extract in the phytosome matrix protects the GI tract from possible berberine irritation
Take 1-2 capsules two times daily, with food, or as recommended by your health professional.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, nursing, or trying to conceive, do not use this product.
Has been shown to decrease the activity of the cytochrome p450 (CYP) enzymes CYP2D6, CYP2C9, and CYP3A4.
Individuals with a known, serious allergy to peanuts may occasionally react to other legumes, including peas. This product contains pea protein. If you have a known, serious peanut allergy, it is recommended to use this product with caution.